Proceeds from Dr. Diane Browder’s memoir, ok Different, are being donated to the Attainment-Browder Curriculum Fund to benefit teachers in high-needs schools across the country. To support Diane in her efforts to reach rural (as well as urban), high-needs school districts, Attainment Company will match Diane’s annual contributions to award four individuals one of our Core Solutions—Core Curriculum Solution: Elementary, Core Curriculum: Middle School, Core Curriculum Solution: High School, and our Pre-Employment Solution— one winner for each grade band. Additional monies leftover in the fund will be given as $1,000 cash awards.
Attainment Company has created a review panel, specifically for the fund, comprised of special educators who will assess entries to determine the winners of what we’ve deemed a Curriculum Contest. This contest will be held annually to award either a Curriculum Solution or a cash award generated by the Attainment-Browder Curriculum Fund to the selected winners.
- Tell us why you are a good candidate for this award.
- What qualities does a great special educator possess and how do these relate to the services you provide for students?
- How would winning one of these awards contribute to the immediate or long-range success of the students you teach?
- What inspired you to become a special education teacher?
- What expectations do you have for your students? How would being an award recipient help you further achieve those expectations?
- If you were selected as the prize recipient, what would that mean to you?
A special thanks to Dr. Diane Browder for her continued commitment to improving the lives of students with disabilities. With her 40+ years of dedication to students with the most significant disabilities, she continues her quest to better their lives with increased expectations, ambitious goals, and more inclusive options.
Entries should be emailed or mailed by March 15, 2022 to:
Attainment Company, Inc.
Attention: Autumn Garza, President
504 Commerce Parkway
Verona, WI 53593-0160