The Ready, Set, Cook 2: Full Kitchen Edition Curriculum comes with multiple components. The Lesson Plans start by teaching students basic kitchen safety and how to use color-coded appliances. They progress to teach different cooking methods, food safety, and nutrition. A Laminated Recipe Reader and Measurement Guide help students customize the serving size of their recipes. The Cookbook includes 40 step-by-step recipes with photographs so even nonreaders can cook with independence and confidence.
Ready, Set, Cook 2: Full Kitchen Edition is a great starting point for those ready to graduate from microwave cooking, or a perfect follow-up to Ready, Set, Cook!. Ready Set Cook 2: Full Kitchen Edition features recipes that use a slow cooker, oven, and stovetop, and includes recipes such as Beef Stroganoff, Salad with Roasted Chickpeas, and Burrito Bowl.
Ready, Set, Cook 2: Full Kitchen Edition follows the same five basic recipe categories as Ready, Set, Cook!:
- Add to It! focuses on basic foods that can be transformed into something more.
- Eat Fresh! encourages eating fresh food you prepare yourself.
- Make It a Meal! incorporates recipes with a variety of food groups that come together to make a complete and well-balanced meal.
- Share It! focuses on the social aspect of eating at get-togethers and making enough food to share with a group.
- Use It and Reuse It! introduces the concept of cooking one food and incorporating it into many meals over many days.