The Ready, Set, Cook 2: Full Kitchen Edition Curriculum comes with multiple components. The Lesson Plans start by teaching students basic kitchen safety and how to use color-coded appliances. They progress to teach different cooking methods, food safety, and nutrition. A Laminated Recipe Reader and Measurement Guide help students customize the serving size of their recipes. The Cookbook includes 40 step-by-step recipes with photographs so even nonreaders can cook with independence and confidence.
Ready, Set, Cook 2: Full Kitchen Edition is a great starting point for those ready to graduate from microwave cooking, or a perfect follow-up to Ready, Set, Cook!. Ready Set Cook 2: Full Kitchen Edition features recipes that use a slow cooker, oven, and stovetop, and includes recipes such as Beef Stroganoff, Salad with Roasted Chickpeas, and Burrito Bowl.
Ready, Set, Cook 2: Full Kitchen Edition follows the same five basic recipe categories as Ready, Set, Cook!:
- Add to It! focuses on basic foods that can be transformed into something more.
- Eat Fresh! encourages eating fresh food you prepare yourself.
- Make It a Meal! incorporates recipes with a variety of food groups that come together to make a complete and well-balanced meal.
- Share It! focuses on the social aspect of eating at get-togethers and making enough food to share with a group.
- Use It and Reuse It! introduces the concept of cooking one food and incorporating it into many meals over many days.
The Curriculum includes: Lesson Plans book with digital resources, Cookbook, consumable Student Cookbook, Green Pocket Timer, adjustable book easel, 2 laminatd Student checklist posters, and the laminated Recipe Reader and Measurement Guide.
The Curriculum Plus includes: The Curriculum plus a total of 10 consumable Student Cookbooks, the entire page set of workbook pages as accessible GoWorksheets (iPad only), and samples of communication overlays. The GoWorksheets can be used with the free GoWorksheet app or the full GoWorksheet Plus app available on the App Store.