First Categories uses 60 common nouns in six categories to teach categorization skills. Innovative activities, 120 illustrations and 120 photographs, and exciting 3-D animation make this program fun and effective. Choose full-screen scenes and 3-D blocks for learners who are motivated by visual stimulation, or a simple black background for those who are easily distracted. Grades pre-K and up.
- Build-a-Category introduces each item in a category until all 10 items appear together.
- Single Item Review presents one item and gives its name and category.
- Robot Review presents and names four items from single category.
- Find Four displays 10 items and student finds four that belong to same category.
- Magnet Match asks students to match item to one of four items.
- Pick-a-Pair presents five pairs of items and student finds pair from same category.
Software requirements: Windows XP or higher, Mac OSX 10.6 or higher, CD drive required for installation.
|Age Group||Pre-K, Elementary, Secondary, Transition|
|Subject||English Language Arts, Literacy|
|License||3 computer license|