Number Sense (formerly Stages Math) is a comprehensive program for teaching number sense.
Number sense is a foundational skill for understanding mathematic concepts. This program covers nine key areas of number sense through instruction and assessment. With dozens of activities correlated with math standards for typically developing students in pre-K to 3rd grade, this program facilitates access to later grade-aligned math instruction.
Research surrounding differentiated instruction and the Universal Design for Learning has guided the development of this software. Instruction and assessment activities are provided in nine key mathematical skill areas. The program incorporates learning scaffolds with customizable settings. For example, you can select various difficulty levels and student access methods like a mouse or switch. Support features like clues and prompts are included as well as age-appropriate reinforcement to encourage progress.
This program is age-neutral with set parameters to start. As students move through the program, a progress monitoring feature gathers data from practice and assessments, and the program automatically increases difficulty in small increments. Further detailed information such as questions asked, student responses, and time spent are reported and accumulates student performance over time. The detailed progress monitoring and ability to view and print student reports helps you build meaningful student portfolios!
Nine Key Number Sense Concepts:
- Words for Numbers: Connect small to large numerals with written and spoken names
- Count: Count objects up to 100, make number sets, use place value up to 999
- Compare: Choose between more or less, recognize math comparison symbols
- Sequence: Skip count, identify ordinals, put numbers in order
- Math Facts: Add, subtract, multiply, and divide at many levels; solve word problems
- Money: Count money, choose coins and bills to match a written amount
- Number Line: Locate numbers, estimate large and small numbers, use fraction and decimal equivalents
- Fractions: Fill in sections of shapes, from halves to 12ths
- Time: Identify time on the hour, quarter hour, and minute
The Number Sense web-based version is a one or three-year subscription for up to 20 students. Teachers can manage student access to apps, view results, and monitor student usage. Students can log directly into to the app or from a student desktop launch page.
Number Sense is available for download on the App Store under the name Stages Math. You can also purchase directly from us and here's how it works: The App Store has both a free Lite version and full-featured version of Stages Math. If you purchase the app through Attainment, we will provide an Access Code so you can convert the Lite version to the full-featured version. Attainment Company can not provide refunds for purchases made on the App Store or from in-app purchases.
Need hands-on support? the Number Sense Intervention Kit pairs the Number Sense Software (excluding web-based version) with hands-on materials including the Enhance: Math Tools Package and TimeWheels.
|Age Group||Pre-K, Elementary, Secondary, Transition, Older Adult|
|Compatibility||Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS 10.7 and higher|