Learn About Life is an illustrated sex education and social skills program with straight-forward, candid graphics and simple text. Effective for students who don't understand euphemisms or veiled explanations, but need to know what's going on with their bodies, what is appropriate and how to stay safe. Learn About Life makes this task easier, for both the learner and the instructor.
The instructor’s guide has six chapters: Your Body-My Body, Being a Woman, Being a Man, Having a Baby, Be Safe and Relationships. Each chapter provides up to eight lessons, 40 in all. Lessons detail objectives and teaching suggestions.
Student resources feature six laminated, full-color booklets. All concepts are tastefully but clearly illustrated. Cover-up stickers are included so you can edit the material as necessary.
Spiralbound book, 101 pages, six laminated, 9 x 12-inch, full-color booklets, 2nd Ed. 2003.
Learn About Life Curriculum
- Ideal for students with limited to no reading ability
- Includes tasteful and clearly illustrated pictures for support with concepts
- Provides objectives and teaching suggestions with each lesson
- Has eight straightforward lessons for each chapter
- Offers six chapters: Your Body-My Body, Being a Woman, Being a Man, Having a Baby, Be Safe, and Relationships
- Cover-up stickers included to edit materials as necessary