Add symbols to a document as you type!
SymbolSupport is a super easy way to add symbols and speech to text. Documents can be read with a high quality text-to-speech voice while text is highlighted word by word. This app is intended to help learners with an intellectual disability or autism access important information like class assignments, step-by-step instructions, and social stories. Documents created in SymbolSupport can also be read with the free SymbolSupport Viewer app. These apps can be used on an iPad, iPod, or iPhone. SymbolSupport can connect with 15 devices simultaneously via Wi-Fi, allowing quick and easy transfer of the documents you’ve created. You can also email your symbolized documents as images or PDFs.
$59.99 - Available only at the App Store
Here’s how it works:
SymbolSupport automatically adds symbols to text as you type. You choose whether the symbols appear above or below the words. The Slater Literacy Support Pictures™ and GoTalk Image Library are included, giving you instant access to over 6000 quality symbols. It’s easy to get the exact picture you want. You can change the auto-assigned image to a different symbol, a photo from your camera roll, or an image found by searching the Internet. Custom symbols are saved for future use and given preference when the associated word is typed again.
Both SymbolSupport and SymbolSupport Viewer take full advantage of the iOS Accessibility features that enable speech and text highlighting. All the words in a document are automatically preselected to be read. Simply activate this Accessibility feature on your device, open the document, and touch the screen anywhere. Tap the Speak icon, and the text will be read aloud with a high quality text-to-speech voice and highlighted word by word.
You can create as many documents as you like. Want to symbolize preexisting written material? No problem. Simply copy and paste the text directly into SymbolSupport. Symbols are added automatically, and you’re ready to edit or share.
- Add symbols above or below words as you type.
- Type text or copy and paste existing text to add symbols automatically.
- Access two complete symbol libraries that provide 6000 images.
- Or create custom symbols with photos from your camera roll or the built-in Internet image search.
- Read documents aloud with a quality text-to-speech voice.
- Utilize iCloud storage so you can edit documents on different devices.
- Create PDFs of symbolized documents.
- Transfer documents wirelessly.
- Share your documents with anyone who has the free SymbolSupport Viewer app.
- Send documents to AirPrint.