Add symbols to a document as you type!
SymbolSupport App is an editing program that allows you to effortlessly add symbols to your text, while SymbolReader is a free app that displays these symbolized documents. Both apps read the documents with a high-quality text-to-speech voice and word-by-word highlighting. This support helps your students better understand class assignments. The apps are compatible with the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
This app is available for download on the App Store and you can also buy it directly from us. Click here for more information. If you purchase from us, we offer a 25% discount on 5 apps and a 50% discount on 20 apps (see below).
SymbolSupport automatically adds symbols to text as you type, either above or below the words. The Slater Literacy Support Pictures™ provides thousands of quality symbols. Change the auto-assigned image to a different symbol, or use a photo from your camera roll or the Internet. Custom symbols are saved for future use.
Then, share documents by: (1) downloading the free SymbolReader app on your students’ iPads (or iPhones/iPods)(see Free Version tab above), (2) sending the documents wirelessly or via email, and (3) opening the documents on the students’ iPads. Create as many documents as you like. Want to symbolize preexisting written material? No problem. Simply copy and paste the text directly into SymbolSupport. Symbols are added automatically, and you’re ready to edit or share.
- Add symbols above or below words as you type.
- Type text or copy and paste existing text to add symbols automatically.
- Access two complete symbol libraries that provide 6000 images.
- Or create custom symbols with photos from your camera roll or the built-in Internet image search.
- Read documents aloud with a quality text-to-speech voice.
- Use iCloud storage so you can edit documents on different devices.
- Create PDFs of symbolized documents.
- Transfer documents wirelessly.
- Share your documents with anyone who has the free SymbolReader app (see Free Version tab above).
- Send documents to AirPrint.
Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch, iOS 7.1 or later.
This app is available for download on the App Store. You can also buy it directly from us and here’s how it works: We have free and full versions of our apps at the App Store. The free apps have an in-app purchase option to upgrade to the full version. Attainment will provide an Access Code in a subsequent email so you can convert the free app to the full-featured version.
When ordering apps directly from us, please include the email address(es) of the end-user(s).
We also offer mix and match same-priced apps to reach quantity discounts. District-wide Licenses are also available. Call 800-327-4269 for more info or a quote.
- Can be used to receive, store, print, and read documents created in the full version of SymbolSupport
- Full version allows for creation and editing of documents
- Upgrade to full version with in-app (or purchase Access Code from Attainment).
Note: After an update, the app will still be labeled SymbolReader on iPad, but will have all functionality of SymbolSupport.