Look 'n Cook has three components:
- Look ‘n Cook Cookbook with 62 step-by-step recipes
- Look ‘n Cook Lesson Plans
- Look 'n Cook DVD Set
Look 'n Cook Cookbook features recipe illustrations that are clear, concise and easy to “read.” Each picture step has accompanying text. A color-coding system makes it easy to follow measurement and temperature requirements. The Cookbook has laminated pages inside a wipe-clean, vinyl, easel binder.
Look 'n Cook Lesson Plans include 40 lessons teaching kitchen safety, cooking techniques and nutrition using the recipes in Look ‘n Cook Cookbook. Each lesson lists objectives, materials needed and procedures with teaching suggestions. You can print out recipe pages for each student in class from the PDF file. Also includes a data collection system.
The Look 'n Cook DVD Set is a must have companion to the Look ‘n Cook Cookbook and Lesson Plans:
- DVD One features a comprehensive collection of 62 recipes—all shot from the point of view of the chef. Cooking steps are illustrated with clear and concise live action video. Each recipe is presented as a separate movie, about 2 minutes long. Use as an interactive teaching tool or as a preview before you start cooking.
- DVD Two features Madeline Merced, a host on Taste TV and covers important cooking concepts: Safety First, Food Words, Kitchen Tools and Cooking Hygiene.
Written by Ellen Sudol Catalano and illustrated by Jo Reynolds. Cookbook has 110 laminated pages in easel binder, 2006. Lesson Plans is a covered spiralbound book with 116 pages, 2006. It includes a PDF on a Win/Mac CD with a Classroom License for printouts. The DVD Set includes 2 DVDs, 172 minutes, CC, 2007.
Look 'n Cook items are available individually or in money-saving kits:
- Introductory Kit includes the Cookbook, Lesson Plans with PDF CD, and the DVD set.
- Classroom Kit includes a total of 8 Cookbooks, one Lesson Plans book with PDF CD, and the DVD set.