- Choose 1, 4, 9, 16, or 25 Communication Locations per page.
- Use images from your iPad camera, photo library, or the Imagine Symbol set.
- Search the Internet in the app for the perfect image or icon.
- Crop, scale, or rotate an image using your fingers.
- Combine multiple images in a single communication location.
- Color pages, borders, and text with any hue.
- Move and size text with your fingers so it feels just right.
- Record your voice or choose text-to-speech. One free text-to-speech voice is included. Other text-to-speech voices are available as in-app purchases for 99 cents each in over 20 languages. Click here for a list of voices.
- Auditory Cues! Add spoken labels to any Communication Location. Great for scanning, guiding visually impaired users, and identifying any new or difficult vocabulary.
- Play videos from any communication location.
- Trim videos to desired length in the app.
- Select our alternate video interface to pause or exit the video easily.
- Use the core vocabulary button to give the communicator access to essential messages on any page.
- Create multimedia social stories and step-by-step instruction books by linking pages with an after action.
- Fill a communication book with unlimited pages.
- Access NOW with an accessibility switch. Use the Attainment Switch (an app that turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch into a switch) or RJ Cooper’s Bluetooth SuperSwitch.
- Select step or auto scan plus scanning speed.
- Group scanning by rows or columns. Add an extra auditory cue to announce when the row or column advances.
Choose Standard, Express or Scene style communication pages. With standard pages, press any communication location for speech, music, or video. Express pages build recorded or text-to-speech messages in a speech bar at the top of the screen. When the bar is pressed, the messages play together in sequence. Scene Pages are built around a single photo or image. You arrange visible or invisible Hot Spots over people or objects in the photo, and these Hot Spots can play speech, music or videos! Feel free to mix and match page styles within a communication book.
Add SymbolStix or Widgit Symbol Libraries as in-app purchases.
Link songs from your playlist to any communication location and control them with Pause/Play, Next, and Previous.
Make as many communication books as you need, each with their own settings.
Share complete communication books via WiFi with any iPad user that has NOW.
Back up communication books to any Mac or PC for safekeeping.
Store and share interactive templates (each including speech, video, text, and jump to links) on our free online gallery.
Download and edit premade templates from Attainment’s collection on the public gallery, also free.
Email links to your templates. Parents and colleagues click on the link, which automatically opens NOW on their iPad, then opens the template.
Print and save communication book layouts via PDFs.
Scan in the app by converting the screen of your iPad to a switch.