- 3 units of instruction: Rhyming, Blending, and Segmentation
- 76 lessons within a clearly constructed scope and sequence to ensure phonological awareness success for children
- Aligns to state and national standards, including the common core Standards for English Language Arts
- 9 popular storybooks linked to the curriculum
- Suggestions for modeling and effective instructional feedback
- Criterion-based assessment to monitor progress (that aligns with Response-to-Intervention—RTI—programs)
Three spiralbound Teacher’s Guides: Rhyming, 62 pages, Blending, 70 pages, Segmentation, 120 pgs., spiralbound Student Flip Book, 288 pages, spiralbound Implementation Guide, 90 pages, Goldie the puppy puppet, 9 storybooks, 7 game boards with game pieces, 380 game cards, miscellaneous manipulative materials based on a puppy theme.
Written by Froma Roth, PhD, CCC-SLP, Colleen Worthington, MS, CCC-SLP and Gary Troia, PhD, CCC-SLP. Includes PDF on Win/Mac CD with a Classroom License for printouts, 2012.
Supporting Research Articles:
Roth, F., Troia, G., Worthington, C., & Handy, D. (2006). Promoting awareness of sounds in speech (PASS): The effects of intervention and stimulus characteristics on the blending performance of preschool children with communication impairments. Learning Disability Quarterly, 29(2), 67-88.
Related Research Articles:
|Subject||English Language Arts, Literacy, Speech and Language|
|Author||Froma Roth, PhD, CCC-SLP; Colleen Worthington, MS, CCC-SLP; Gary Troia, PhD, CCC-SLP|